Lithium-ion Aircraft Battery
Are you a pilot or aircraft owner? Search our Dealer Locator to find our products near you.
Cut your aircraft battery weight and increase your useful load. The TB14 is designed for smaller, 28-volt fixed wing aircraft. You’ll gain faster and cooler engine starts and benefit from superior performance in extreme temperatures (-20°C to +70°C). The TB14 features built-in charge current limiting to protect your aircraft's alternator or generator without needing to install additional equipment and delivers cockpit communication via RS-232 (analog and discrete signals). This lithium-ion aircraft battery is TSO certified, lasts 8 years and features on-condition maintenance, saving you time and money.
Get started with certified lithium-ion aircraft batteries
True Blue Power batteries are the lightest and most compact, saving you up to 85 pounds per battery. Our efficient design gives you more power per pound than any other aircraft battery. Less weight means more passengers, more cargo, more fuel, and more design flexibility.
True Blue Power batteries give you cooler and faster engine starts. Turboprop engines, like the Pratt & Whitney PT6A, start in half the time and, typically, 100° cooler. Our sophisticated design ensures your aircraft outperforms all others in extreme temperatures, from -20°C to +70°C.
True Blue Power batteries feature charge current limiting, overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, short circuit, over-temperature and under-temperature protection. Even smarter, you’ll save time and money with the longest-lasting maintenance-free aircraft batteries on the market. The TB14 requires no capacity checks and last 8 years. That’s up to 4x longer than lead acid and NiCad.
- Delivers more power per pound than any other aircraft battery
- 13 amp-hour nominal at 23°C/73.4°F
- Weighs 10 lbs. (4.54 kg)
- Advanced iron phosphate lithium-ion cell chemistry
- Higher voltage during engine start — Less wear, less maintenance and increased useful life
- 35 minutes (at 28 amps average) for complete recharge when the battery is fully discharged
- Superior high-temperature and cold-weather performance from -20°C to +70°C (-4°F to +158°F)
- Overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, short circuit, over-temperature, under-temperature and charge current limiting protection
- Communicates battery status to the cockpit via RS-232, analog and discrete signals
- 8 years (average) life expectancy
- Designed and built in Wichita, Kansas, USA
- FAA TSO Certified
- Two-year limited warranty
13 amp-hour nominal at 23°C/73.4°F
28.8 VDC nominal
26.4 VDC nominal
100 A continuous, 850 A max
Advanced iron phosphate lithium-ion cell chemistry
Overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, short circuit, over-temperature, under-temperature and charge current limiting
-20°C to +70°C (-4°F to +158°F)
10 lbs. (4.54 kg)
6.3” L x 5.6” W x 4.9” H
2P8S; 2 parallel cells x 8 series cells
Battery Life Expectancy
8 years (average)
Anodized aluminum, blue
FAA TSO C179b (Class A-4B)
RTCA DO-178C DAL A