Lithium-ion Aircraft Battery
Are you a pilot or aircraft owner? Search our Dealer Locator to find our products near you.
Start lighter and cut aircraft battery weight by up to 20 pounds with the TB20 Gen5 Lithium-ion Aircraft Battery. Less weight means more passengers, more cargo, more fuel and more design flexibility. True Blue Power Gen5 batteries feature an advanced Battery Management System (BMS) and provide constant monitoring, protection, and capacity data. A built-in heater ensures superior cold weather performance, down to -40°C. The TSO-certified TB20 does not require capacity checks and lasts 8 years.
Get started with certified lithium-ion aircraft batteries
True Blue Power batteries are the lightest and most compact, saving you up to 85 pounds per battery. Our efficient design gives you more power per pound than any other aircraft battery. Less weight means more passengers, more cargo, more fuel, and more design flexibility.
True Blue Power batteries give you cooler and faster engine starts, capable of 7 starts in 7 minutes. Turboprop engines, like the Pratt & Whitney PT6A, start in half the time and, typically, 100° cooler. Our sophisticated design allows your battery to fully recharge within 30 minutes and constant voltage helps eliminate hot starts. An automatic, built-in heater ensures your aircraft outperforms all others in extreme temperatures, from -40°C to +70°C.
True Blue Power batteries provide constant monitoring, protection, and capacity data. Our proprietary Battery Management System is exclusive to True Blue Power and has been validated by the most demanding aircraft manufacturers. Even smarter, you’ll save time and money with the longest-lasting, maintenance-free aircraft batteries on the market. Gen5 batteries require no capacity checks and last 8 years. That’s up to 4x longer than lead acid and NiCad.
- 20 amp-hour nominal at 23°C/73°F
- Weighs 19.5 lbs. — up to 60% less than lead-acid and NiCad solutions
- Advanced NanoPhosphate® lithium-ion cell chemistry
- Higher voltage during engine start — Less wear, less maintenance and increased useful life
- Superior high-temperature and cold-weather performance from -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)
- More than 1 amp-hour per pound
- Automatic internal heater
- Overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, short circuit, over-temperature, under-temperature and charge current limiting protection
- Built-in Test (BIT) Indicator communicates real-time state-of-charge and state-of-health
- On-condition maintenance
- Designed and built in Wichita, Kansas, USA
- FAA TSO Certified
- Two-year limited warranty
20 amp-hour nominal (at 23°C/73°F)
28 VDC nominal
26.4 VDC nominal
525 A continuous (960 A max)
Advanced NanoPhosphate® lithium-ion cell chemistry
Charge Current Limiting
Programmable up to 8C or unlimited
-40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)
19.5 lbs. (8.85 kg)
9.1" L x 8.6" W x 8.8" H
8P8S; 4 parallel x 8 in series x 2
Battery Life Expectancy
8 years (average)
Anodized aluminum, blue
FAA TSO-C179b (Class A-4B)
RTCA DO-178C DAL A